20th International Conference on Science and Technology Indicators
Research organizations under scrutiny. New indicators and analytical results
Venue: Lugano, Università della Svizzera italiana (www.usi.ch).
Date: 2nd to 4th of September 2015
The 2015 Science and Technology Indicators conference, organized under the auspices of the European Network of Indicator Designers, will be hosted by the Università della Svizzera italiana in Lugano and will be specifically focused on the role of organizations in the research system and, accordingly, on methodologies for the development of indicators at the organizational level, as well as for the analysis to answer to relevance S&T policy and scholarly questions. The conference will be supported by the EU‐FP7 infrastructure initiative on Research Infrastructures for the Assessment of Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (RISIS).
Specifically, the focus of the STI2015 conference will be on:
- Advances in the development of new datasets and indicators at the organizational level, and in methodologies to exploit these data for scholarly analysis. This will include conceptual frameworks and approaches to identify organizational boundaries, methods to match different datasets, the development of new analytical techniques, etc.
- New insights on research organizations based on the exploitation of these data, based on theoretical frameworks from sociology and economy of organizations.
- Analysis of the use of new datasets and indicators in the management of scientific organizations, and the implications for organizational development and structure of new managerial approaches based on the use of novel datasets.
Start of the conference: Wednesday September 2nd ,2015, 10 AM.
End of the conference: Friday September 4th,2015, 3 PM.
The program will include:
- Three key note speeches by distinguished scholars in the field of organizational studies:
- Barry Bozeman, Arizona State University.
- Joseph Lampel, Manchester Business School.
- David Seidl, University of Zurich.
- Presentations of research papers in parallel tracks.
- Special events and panels on key issues for the STI community.
- A poster session for on-going research activities.
- Special events related to the on-going activities of the European Research Infrastructure for Research and Innovation Policy Studies project (RISIS; http://risis.eu/).
Detailed information will be published on www.sti2015.usi.ch