- This event has passed.
Applications of Panel Data Analysis: research on firm performance, entrepreneurial finance and innovation
June 16, 2016 @ 10:00 am - June 17, 2016 @ 4:00 pm
This course focuses on the application of econometric techniques for panel data analysis and the interpretation of panel-data regression estimates.
The course will introduce the properties of regression models in the context of panel data, including ‘fixed’ effect, ‘random’ effects, instrumental variables and generalized method of moments (GMM) estimation methods.
The concepts presented are reinforced with practical exercises.
Programme and contents
Day 1 – June 16th, 2016
10.00 – 10.30
10.30 – 11.30
Conceptual bases of Panel Data Analysis
11.30 – 13.00
Applications to firm-level data
14.00 – 16.30
Panel Data Analysis with STATA
17.00 – 18.00
Presentation of group exercise
Day 2 – June 17th, 2016
9.00 – 12.30
Group work session
13.30 – 15.00
15.00 – 16.00
The maximum number of participants for the course is 15. The course is addressed to:
- Early career researchers and PhD students
- Practitioners interested in entrepreneurial finance in Europe
- Policy makers at the local, regional, national and international level (e.g., European Commission)
Requirements for participation
- Basic working knowledge of STATA
- Basic knowledge of statistics and econometrics
- The course is free of charge
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered only in case of early-career researchers and PhDs coming from European countries
- No costs are covered for people not involved in research activities (e.g., practitioners and policy makers)
- Participants will be selected on the basis of interest and CV
- Notification of acceptance will be sent after the selection process is completed
- 2 weeks before the beginning of the course, we will provide participants with preparatory material.
Deadline for request participation
May 1st, 2016