- This event has passed.
Using the CorTexT-Risis Platform for Research in Science-Policy-Studies and Science-Technology-Studies
May 10, 2017 @ 1:30 am - May 12, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Download the LEAFLET Download the COURSE MATERIALS
The objective of the course is to introduce participants to the uses of the RISIS.CorTexT platform, a research facility in S&T Studies proposed under the RISIS Infrastructure Project. Thanks to short lectures, demos, workshop and practical training participants should get enough skills to develop research work on various types of Data Base that trace science and innovation dynamics. Existing RISIS databases will be mobilized (like Patstat, Web of Science, Corporate Invention Board, EUPRO and others) and possibly other datasets that participants could bring.
The course will focus on three majors inputs:
• An overall view of the scientific and technological landscape of platforms of Digital Humanities and a synthesis of the key heuristics that ground the Platform.
• A step by step demonstration of how to use the CorTexT.Risis Platform
• A learning-by-doing approach of using the various potentialities of the RISIS.CorTexT platform.
Programme and contents
Day 1 – May 10th, 2017
14h00-16h00: Introduction about Objectives + roundtable with participants
16h30-18h00: Methodology of use.
Day 2 – May 11th, 2017
09h-12h30: Step by Step Demonstration with Feed-Back and discussions
. Datasets query, upload and parsing
. Terminological extraction and list building
14h00-18h30: Step by Step Demonstration with Feed-Back and discussions
. Metrics and best practices
. Analysis: demography, period detector, network analysis
Day 3 – 12 May 10th, 2017
09h30-10h30: Participants discuss outputs + feedback and recap
09h30-10h30: Personal use: creating a project and datasets analysis
13h30-15h30: Personal use: Results
16h00-17h00: Participants discuss outputs + feedback and recap.
Local Organizing Committee
Marc Barbier, Jean-Philippe Cointet, Lionel Villard, Antoine Schoen, Philippe Breucker
The course aims at involving up to 15 participants and is addressed to:
• Senior scientists, early career researchers and PhD students
• Policy makers at the local, regional, national and international level (e.g., European Commission)
• Research associations
Requirements for participatio
Participants will be asked whether their have any skills in querying database and textual analysis
Participants are welcome to bring datasets that they expect to analyze.
- No fees to be paid
- Venue of the trainees (travel and accommodation) will be covered only in case of researchers, early researchers and PhDs coming from European countries
- No costs are covered for people not involved in research activities (i.e. people from associations or policy level
- participants will be selected on the basis of their interests and CV
- Notification of acceptance will be sent after the selection process is completed
Participants attending the course can send some preliminary questions linked to their experience with patents and specific policy questions of interest
Deadline for request participation