This course focuses on the hot topics in the entrepreneurial finance field and provides an overview of the brand new VICO 2.0 data infrastructure.
Moreover, VC activity in Europe will be analyzed based on VICO 2.0 database.
The concepts presented are reinforced with practical exercises using STATA statistical software.
Programme and contents
DAY 1 – SEPTEMBER 21st, 2017
11.00 – 11.30
11.30 – 13.00
Recent trends in Venture Capital
14.00 – 15.30
Discussion on selected academic papers on Venture Capital
16.00 – 18.00
Descriptive statistics on VC activity based on VICO 2.0
DAY 2 – SEPTEMBER 22nd, 2017
9.00 – 13.00
Practical computer session
14.00 – 15.30
15.30 – 16.00
The maximum number of participants for the course is 15.
The course is addressed to:
- Early career researchers and PhD students
- Policy makers at the local, regional, national and international level (e.g.,European Commission)
Requirements for participation
- Basic working knowledge of STATA
- Basic knowledge of statistics and econometrics
- The course is free of charge
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered only in case of early-career researchers and PhDs coming from European countries
- No costs are covered for people not involved in research activities (e.g., practitioners and policy makers)
- Participants will be selected on the basis of interest and CV
- Notification of acceptance will be sent after the selection process is completed
- 2 weeks before the beginning of the course, we will provide participants with preparatory material.
Deadline for request participation
August 28th, 2017
Local organizing committee
Massimo Colombo, Massimiliano Guerini, Francesca Tenca