- This event has passed.
Joint and Open REsearch Programmes: features and potentialities of the JOREP database
November 27, 2014 @ 11:00 am - November 28, 2014 @ 1:00 pm
SCA organized by Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth (IRCrES) [former CERIS] – CNR , Rome, IT
JOREP course photogallery
The course aims at introducing the features of the JOREP database, highlighting the specific contents and framing its potential uses in the context of the theoretical background on which have been designed.
More specifically, the course trains the participants to figure out and to address research questions on joint programming within the ERA, using the JOREP infrastructure, e.g.
- How relevant are joint programs in the ERA?
- What kind of integration do they realize? At what level?
- Which are the main actors involved and how they can be differentiated?
- How the participation to joint programs can be differentiated by country and disciplines?
- How skewed is the distribution of resources among joint programmes and what is its impact on the growth dynamics?
The presentation of the technical structure of the infrastructure will facilitate the learning of the techniques of consultation and querying.
At the end of the course, the trainee will be able to handle the dataset, creating custom queries according to own research interests.
See the LEAFLET
Programme and contents
Day 1 – November 27, 2014
11.15– 11:30 Welcome and presentation
11:30 – 13:00 Theoretical framework behind JOREP database. Free questions and answers
14:00 – 15:00 JOREP database: sources, potentialities and limitations for the data analysis
15:00 – 16:00 Technical structure of JOREP dataset and characteristics of the variables
16,30 – 18:00 Presentation and application of querying techniques
Day 2 – November 28, 2014
9:00 – 10:30 Practical computer session on data querying and data extraction in JOREP dataset. Interactive work
11:00 – 13:00 Exercitations on selected examples and discussion with the trainees about the results
13:00 Wrap-up. End of the course
The course aims at involving up to 15 participants among the following categories:
- Senior scientist, early career researchers and PhD students at the last phase of their training;
- Officers from the policy making level wishing to extend their analytical capabilities;
- Research associations.
Requirements for participation
- Basic working knowledge of MS ACCESS
- Basics on data querying
- No fee to be paid
- Venue of the trainees (travel and accommodation) will be covered only in case of researchers, early researchers and PhDs coming from European countries
- No costs are covered for people not involved in research activities (i.e. people from associations or policy level)
- Participants will be selected on the basis of interest and CV
- Notification of acceptance will be sent after the selection process is completed
Participants attending the course will be asked to send some preliminary questions about data handling in MS ACCESS in order to focus on specific topics applied to the JOREP dataset.
Dr. Emanuela Reale, Dr. Andrea Orazio Spinello, Dr. Emilia Primeri, Dr. Antonio Zinilli, Dr. Lucio Morettini.
Deadline for request participation
October 20, 2014
Local organizing committee
Dr. Emanuela Reale, Dr. Andrea Orazio Spinello, Dr. Emilia Primeri, Dr. Antonio Zinilli, Dr. Lucio Morettini, Dr. Giovanni Cerulli.
Contact person: Dr. Andrea Orazio Spinello