- This event has passed.
RISIS WP9 Workshop
September 10, 2015 @ 11:00 am - September 11, 2015 @ 3:00 pm
The objective of the workshop is to finalize the strategy for RISIS WP9. WP9 aims at harmonization and integration of RISIS datasets centered on geographical dimensions. The harmonization activity results from the adoption of different methods and options. As such, the workshop is targeted at: 1) selecting the strategy and roadmap for the geographical clustering approach (or approaches) and 2) setting up a working schedule for carrying out WP9.
During the workshop two major points will be discussed:
- Methods for clustering, which will use for RISIS purposes. The aim is to explore a group of solutions to be proposed to all RISIS datasets and become a ‘central resource’ for RISIS.
- Conditions for introducing the OECD’s method of Functional Urban Areas (FUA) in all RISIS datasets. FUA method is planned to be use as a basis for comparison and for geographically mean of aggregation/integration scheme.
Program and Contents
Day 1 – September 10th, 2015
11:00h: Introduction – setting the agenda for RISIS spatial research.
11:45h-12h30: UPEM approach for analysing spatial distribution of S&T activities – A method tailored for a problem-based ‘detailed’ qualification of clusters. Results of the pilot conducted on EUPRO dataset will be presented.
13:45h-14h30: Introducing an integrated and harmonized view on geolocalising. Where do we stand? Discussing the geolocalisation of RISIS datasets, and integrating European metropolitan areas (the OECD’s FUA) within RISIS datasets infrastructure.
14:30h-15h15: Enriching the OECD’s FUA database in regard to STI – Indicators and Indexing. How can we move forward?
15:45h-16h30: WP9 and CorTexT platform tools: relevancy and implementation
16:30h-17h15: An introduction to SMS Platform and Linked Geo Data. The following will be discussed:
- An overview of the SMS platform architecture
- Geo data available in RISIS datasets – discussions regarding different entity types on RISIS focusing on geographical attributes available per entity type in each dataset.
- Discussions regarding Exchanging [Linked] Geo data
18h: Dinner (AIT)
Day 2 – September 11th, 2015
9:30h-11h00: Discussions on Geo-Services provided by the SMS platform:
- Discussions regarding basic Geo services
- Innovative services based on the new notion of distance – collecting ideas for building new API calls relevant to Geo dimension of RISIS datasets.
- The integration of a registration system to access RISIS platforms and services.
11:15h-12h15: Enlarging Geo-Clustering to other RISIS datasets
- POLIMI Demonstrator – The potential of VICO and FGMFs datasets in relation to space and territory.
- CNR Demonstrator – The dynamics of the Europeanisation of research activities – Spatial perspectives in JOREP dataset
- USI Demonstrator – What do we know about European Tertiary Education – geographical structure of HEI activities and the association between HEIs’ and regions’ characteristics.
13:45h-15h00: Integration and Recap – setting up the strategy for RISIS WP9
WP 9 Workshop – Presentation and Materials