The project duration is 4 years (2014-2017). It is made of 25 work packages. The graph below synthetises the overall planning of the project.
The central objective of the project is to insure access to the facilities of RISIS to European researchers – may these be advanced or early career.
* Preparing facilities (both datasets and platforms) for opening will take 18 months and is organised jointly in 2 important networking activities (WP6 and WP7). We need to insure quality standards to future users through the robustness and harmonisation of datasets along 3 dimensions: cognitive (mostly on categorisations used), technical and legal.
* This will provide two and half years of opening during which we expect some 120 projects to develop, mostly through transnational access, that is on site visits. WP10 to 19 cover the opening of 10 datasets and the 2 platforms.
* During opening, new developments will take place – both transversally (focused on organisational and geographical harmonisation, WP8 and WP9) and thematically: updating and deepening for firm dynamics (WP20) and for Europeanisation (WP22); opening of 4 new datasets (WP21 for the repository of policy evaluations, WP20 for fast growing mid-sized firms, WP23 for PROs and WP24 for researcher careers); improvements of platforms on 3 major issues (disambiguation, visualisation and quality assessment, WP25).
* An important aspect of the project is to raise capabilities of interested European researchers through training courses (WP5).
* Support activities concern the overall management (WP1), the overall scientific coordination of facilities and activities (WP2), the annual week to insure internal coherence (WP3) and interactions with the wider research community and with stakeholders (WP4).
For a full description of the project, click here: DOW RISIS (313082) 2013-11-20-1
- Project Duration: January 2014 − December 2017
- RISIS is a project of the EU FP7 Research Program